As much as I love my birthday, I do not like getting older. I was a kid who had big, lofty goals which then morphed into an adult with serious perfectionist issues. By 13, I was going to be a writer, cook, and full time artist. I am none of those things. But things are getting better and though some of those goals I'm still aiming for (the writer and artist part, not the cooking part), I'm a bit more reasonable and understand there are small stepping stones.
Next year I will be turning 27 years old. I will be 3 years away from 30. We will be moving to Seattle, across the country, on our own and I don't know if I will be ready. It feels like I'm going to be an actual adult and it's strange. Leaving everything behind, I want to get done as much as possible here because who knows how life will be once I move.
Here are 27 things I want to do before I turn 27!
- Save at least 4k for moving
- Connect with friends more outside of events
- Finish the #52Selfies Project
- Minimize my possessions
- Do one big women's event in town
- Visit family more often
- Take more naps
- Go to another concert
- Get another tattoo and get my nose pierced
- Have a solo gallery
- Paint a large painting
- Be less wasteful
- Do at least 3 cosplays
- Look into breast reduction
- Do things that make me happy, not for money
- Be less harsh with my body image
- Learn to say no and do not stress yourself
- Be free to feel confident in how you look, what you love, and to not be serious all the time
- Take care of my body and health better
- Take a class
- Show more gratitude
- Try a spa
- Stop biting my nails
- Go roller skating again
- Start meditating
- Finish a short story and submit for publishing
- Learn to go running
My birthday is next January and being a bit behind, I'm giving myself some leeway. Some of these things have been on my list for a while and some I think would just be neat to try. But I'm willing to try new things and I want to make the time I have left here in my home town worth while.
Do you have a birthday bucket list? Let me know!