With the website reboot, I realized that a lot of you may only know the Artist-Me and the various events I do rather than me personally (though there are a lot of friends and family that do read this). So with the refresh I figured it might be good to do a Meet the Blogger type of post and do some tag questions. You know, because I'm interesting and you want to know this stuff. Maybe. Probably not.
Get to Know the Blogger/Artist/Lady
1. What is your middle name? Ann
2. Share you favorite subject in high school. Probably English and then Art. I took like 3 or 4 art classes my senior year
3. What is your favorite drink? Sweet tea. I live in the South so...
4. What is your favorite song at the moment? John Wayne by Lady Gaga
5. What would you (or have you) name your children? I'm not sure. I have an obsession with Hades and Persephone so I like the name Persephone but then again, I don't want the kid growing up with too weird of a name
6. Have you participated in any sports? I don't know if it counts as a sport, but I did Taekwondo when I was a kid and then roller derby when I turned 21 for about a year. 7. What is your favorite book? Oh man, this is hard. I read a lot, like a LOT. Currently my favorite series is the Court of Rose and Thorn. The last book just came out and I am dying. But as a teenager it was Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde and as a kid, Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.
8. What is your favorite color? Black. Though if you wanna get picky, Blue. 9. What is your favorite animal? It's tied between Bats and Cats because I'm a goth baby
10. What is your favorite perfume? I actually don't wear perfume. Our cat, Ryder, is sensitive to certain smells and will sneeze if I wear anything strong. But I do own a perfume by Lady Gaga that Rony got me because he liked the bottle
11. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween. Duuuuuuh
12. On a scale from 1 – 10, rate your childhood. 5. There were good moments, but it was rough being a shy, anxiety kid and then going through a divorce and a move.
13. Have you been out of the country? Unless Mexico counts (we live in Texas. It's a short drive), not really. And I think we only went for like a day to visit family or something. I was young.
14. Do you speak any different languages? No, I attempted to learn Spanish but nothing sticks
15. Do you have any siblings? A gaggle of them. I have one older full sister named Amanda, a younger half-brother from my dad named Nick, and a younger half sister and brother from my mom named Elizabeth and Xavier.
16. What is your favorite store? I mostly shop online because I hate shopping, but Forever 21 or Hot Topic because I'm a stereotype. Rouge & Wolf or Etsy if I'm shopping online. I'm trying to get better at finding good stores to shop from instead of just Amazon.
17. What is your favorite restaurant? There is a local restaurant here called Jazz that Rony and I like to go to for birthdays and anniversaries. They serve New Orleans Creole food and it reminds us of visiting New Orleans a few years ago.
18. Did you like school? I actually really did. My dad use to make me stay home on rainy or snowy days or sometimes just because and I would fight with him because I wanted to go. I think that's what made dropping out of college so hard. I loved it and had wanted to go to college ever since I was a kid, but it wasn't for me and wasn't healthy for me.
19. Who are some of your favorite YouTubers? I like watching how things are made and DIYs and sometimes just mindless fun but also like documentary style videos and fashion channels. A few are Threadbanger, Glam and Gore, ALBinWonderland, Tasha Leelyn, Night Mind, Vice/Broadly/Vox, and Jacquelin Deleon. It's a mixed bag. And Buzzfeed when I need something to just play in the background. We don't have cable so Youtube is our main form of entertainment.
20. What is your favorite movie? Sympathy for Lady Vengeance and Practical Magic are tied
21. What are some of your favorite tv shows? Jessica Jones is my favorite Marvel Netflix show so far. I'm behind on a lot of my shows but Walking Dead, Lost Girl, Sherlock, Orange is the New Black. Just a few. 22. PC or mac? PC. Rony is a strict Mac user but I've never been able to figure them out and they're expensive. 23. What phone do you have? iPhone 5 SE because I'm cheap and it does the job. 24. How tall are you? I'm a very tall 5'2 25. Do you have any pets? Oh boy, do we. We have three cats and two dogs. In order of age, Ryder was my cat when I first moved out on my own. He is six years old and is a black Bombay. Pumpkaboo is Rony's 4 year old (???) tortoiseshell cat. She's the diva in the house and has a lot of personality. Demo is our cripple cat. He's 2 years old, a black short hair, and has a dead arm so he walks on three legs.
Almond is 1.5 years old. She's a Dalmatian/Shar-pei/Pit mix. My dad has her sister, my grandma has her mom, and my cousin has her grandpa. It's a weird situation. And Leon is the newest baby. He's a border collie/Australian Cattle Dog. He's barely 6 months old and is a goofy, smart boy who gets picked on by his older sister. They love each other.
There's a few facts about me! I may do a Q&A in the future or a post about all our pets. I've been trying to stick to my goals for the month but it's not easy.
I also have been trying to post a picture a day on my Instagram and thing it'd be neat to recap some of the pictures from the week in posts like these. You can always follow my personal IG though to see them daily.
Have a good day, lovelies!